We know that marketing has come a long way since the days of Don Draper’s gut feelings. Yesterday’s marketers relied on just a few one-way channels to spread the word about their product, often doing little more than informing audiences of its existence.
But as the internet burst with new means of connection, marketers have upped the ante, using the abundance of platforms to build high-performing, reciprocal relationships with ever more-sophisticated consumers.
The modern marketer is part artist, part data analyst, part tech pro — and our marketing teams now call for skills once only common in engineering organizations. Marketing leaders must recruit effective marketers with a wide range of skills, but for even the most adaptive leader, it’s near impossible to keep up with the rate of change.
This has left marketing leaders struggling to level-set on existing skills and identify candidates to fill the gaps — leaving businesses without the crucial skills necessary to connect with today’s digital-first customers.
It’s time leaders had a better tool to access the marketing skills of tomorrow. That’s why we’re proud to announce the next evolution of our Certified Marketer Assessment and Learning Paths program.
Upgraded Data-Driven Learning: The Future Of Digital Marketing Training
Since its initial launch in 2018, the biggest names in marketing – including L’Oréal, Shiseido and more – have used CM to equip their teams with industry-leading skills, turning their marketers into digital marketers regardless of individual skill level or prior knowledge. These clients have incorporated the tool into critical business functions including:
- Talent Recruiting: Test skills in the recruitment process to identify top candidates without the guesswork.
- Skills Assessment: Understand current skill levels on your team across marketing functions and deploy personalized learning paths to ready the team’s abilities for the future.
- Measure Uplift: Reassess teams’ progress against their goals, and underscore areas of uplift to drive home learning that works.
What’s New in our Certified Marketer Program?
Within the next evolution of CM, marketers can accelerate the learning of their teams using fresh new content and better technology. Here are some of the changes we’ve brought to the tool:
- New content from industry innovations: To reflect the leaps of progress that marketing has made in recent years, our Marketing Standards Board has recommended up-leveling content across the board — and even adding new content. CM now tests for and teaches 36 skills including data literacy, customer insights, creative development, marketing channels, and measurement and analytics.
- Smarter personalization: We’ve updated our Learning Paths to cater to the unique needs of each member of your team. CM has increased the flexibility of post-assessment upskilling, now targeting exact areas of need with personalized learning. Learners will only get the content they need, and nothing they don’t.
- Improved reporting & UX: We’ve rolled out a new learning management system (LMS), which creates a central, easy-to-use hub where you can authorize users, track progress and build reports, as well as create an on-brand experience for your internal Talent Center of Excellence.
Let’s Raise the Bar on What Marketing Achieves
With cutting-edge industry insights from our Standards Board of CMOs and marketing VIPs, we’ve designed the CM skills assessment and the corresponding learning recommendations to create the fastest path to upskilling your team – from digital basics to digital marketing proficiency.
Hundreds of businesses across the globe have trusted their marketing teams’ development to GA to tap into our data-driven learning methods and top-notch skill sets to:
- Develop a digital marketing talent pipeline, despite the challenges of the talent shortage, through identifying learning opportunities and teaching large cohorts how to problem-solve as digital marketers, regardless of their prior experience.
- Tap a pool of experts in marketing and learning design, from our Marketing Standards Board to our vast teaching network of on-the-court professionals, who use marketing-adjacent skills like data in their daily lives.
- Leverage full support to ensure business impact, leaning on our customer success team every step of the way.
The marketing world spins too fast for leaders to adapt to the pace of change on their own. Rather than relying on out-of-the-box training to attempt to keep up, we help companies leverage the knowledge and learning of a broad field of experts — and then use data to refine it down to just what your teams need to know to improve.
Let’s turn traditional marketers into digital marketers — and keep businesses connecting to their customers from the forefront of innovation.
If you’re interested in learning more about the Certified Marketer Program, get in touch.