This post is the final post in a 4-part series on connecting your blog to Google Analytics. Below is a listing with links to the previous three posts.
- Setting up a Google Analytics account
- Connecting Blogger to Google Analytics
- Connecting WordPress to Google Analytics
Unlike Blogger and WordPress, Tumblr does not provide any tools at all to track your blog’s visitors, page views, etc. Tumblr recommends and makes it very easy to connect to Google Analytics.
Below are step-by-step instructions for getting your Tumblr blog properly connected to Google Analytics. Once you do, you can begin measuring, segmenting, tracking, and experimenting to grow and nurture your audience.
Connecting Google Analytics to Tumblr
We’ve saved the easiest for last. Tumblr is the newest of these blogging platforms, and they’ve made it very easy to connect to Google Analytics. Follow these steps.
- Login to your Tumblr account at http://yourblogname.tumblr.com/
- At the top right, click on the link to “Edit Theme”.
- A new menu will appear on the left side of the screen. Scroll all the way to the bottom of this menu.
- Click in the space below “Google analytics ID”, and paste your UA-12345678-9 Google Analytics account ID.
- Scroll back to the top of that left side menu, and click Save.
That concludes this 4-part series on connecting Google Analytics to your Blogger, WordPress, or Tumblr blog. We’ll wait and see what Medium comes up with. In the meantime, you should go to the Google Analytics Youtube channel for tips on how to use this powerful tool.