If 2020 taught us anything, it’s that the world changes— fast. Back then, we faced a global pandemic with no real sense of when things would get back to “normal”. Workers and employers brought new meaning to the word resiliency. Fast forward to today and we’re in the midst of a once-in-a-generation economic downturn that’s hard to ignore.
If you’ve logged in to LinkedIn lately, you’ve probably noticed post after post from friends, family, and strangers announcing that they too have been impacted by a downsizing. In the US alone more than 73,000 workers have been let go in mass job cuts so far in 2022, according to Crunchbase, with more predicted. While recent layoffs have happened en masse, one thing remains true— there is still a shortage of technical workers and skills. A recent Korn Ferry study found that by 2030, more than 85 million jobs could go unfilled because there aren’t enough skilled people to take them.
Starting today, Giving Tuesday, we want to help by offering our On Demand content for free to those who have been impacted by a recent layoff. Our hope is that this will give laid-off workers the opportunity to learn a digital skill or test a new career path and get a leg-up in their job hunt.
So, if your job has recently been lost, keep reading to learn how you can access our On Demand content—at no cost to you.
What You’ll Have Access to:
Our self-paced On Demand content gives you a hands-on opportunity to learn and apply the fundamentals of Data Analytics, UX Design, and Digital Marketing. Access the lessons from your desktop or mobile device – anytime, anywhere. Below get a brief overview of what you’ll be able to learn:
- Data Analysis On Demand:
Learn the basic skills to identify and communicate data-driven insights. Build a strong foundation in Excel and SQL while honing techniques like cleaning data, framing questions, and data visualization.
- UX Design On Demand:
Learn to solve user problems and create delightful solutions using customer-centric design. Practice techniques like prototyping, persona building, affinity mapping, wireframing, and user research.
- Digital Marketing On Demand:
Learn to understand the customer journey and marketing landscape to develop campaigns that drive results. Hone techniques like customer research, writing briefs, developing objectives, analyzing campaign results, and A/B testing.
Access Free On Demand Content By:
- Click the link and fill out the form for the topic you’re interested in.
- Be sure to use a personal email address.
- The email address you use for the form will be the same one you use to create your account.
- Every Wednesday, we’ll send an email from myGA Support titled “Welcome to myGA!” to everyone who signed up that week.
- Be sure to check your spam/promotions/updates folders if you don’t see it in your inbox.
- Create your myGA account, or sign in if you already have one, and start learning.
We’re excited to help usher you into the next phase of your career. Happy learning.
Terms and conditions
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
- Content does not include mentor or student success support.
- Giveaway runs from November 29, 2022 through December 23, 2022.
- Products included: Data Analysis On Demand, Digital Marketing On Demand, UX Design On Demand.
- You’ll only have access to one On Demand topic for free.