The Dallas-Fort Worth area (DFW) has remained a constant game-changer when it comes to innovation and technology.1 It’s prime real estate for tech talent, with multiple Fortune 1000 companies calling this area home and one of the fastest job-growth rates among major cities. Between the attractive salary potential, budding entrepreneurial scene2, inexpensive real-estate, no state or local income tax, and central geographical location, there are many reasons why the DFW area led the nation in metropolitan population growth in 2020.
Community is at the center of everything we do, which is why GA Dallas fosters an ecosystem of individuals seeking to transform their careers with expert-led classes and workshops each week. Since opening our doors in 2019, we’ve already attracted more than 19 active hiring partners, ranging from Dallas-raised brands to international corporations.
Companies and Jobs
- Top industries: defense3, financial services, technology, energy4, manufacturing, as well as aviation & aerospace.
- Major employers5: Walmart, American Airlines, JPMorgan Chase, Southwest Airlines, Target Co., Raytheon, IBM, Mary Kay, and Neiman Marcus.
- Large enterprises like Verizon, Wells Fargo, NTT Data, and Lockheed Martin are increasing their IT hiring efforts in DFW.6
- Adding over 110,000 jobs in March and a potential increase in job growth, Dallas proves to be promising as it bounces back from the pandemic.7
The Dallas Tech Community
- The DFW tech community cultivates a sincere spirit of collaboration, with support from organizations, like Per Scholas, The Dallas Entrepreneur Center, Local & Thriving, Women Who Code, Impact Ventures, Common Desk, The Dallas Regional Chamber, The Marcus Graham Project, and DFW Alliance of Technology and Women.
- Dallas’s annual weeklong Startup Week is the largest free conference in North Texas and demonstrates the community’s enthusiasm for tech growth and innovation.
Stay In the Know
Here are just a handful of resources to help you to dive deeper into Dallas tech:
- Stay up to date with the Dallas startup scene with the Startup Digest Dallas insider newsletter.
- The Dallas Regional Chamber provides an in-depth logistical view of DFW, the latest in talent attraction, startups and founders to connect with, and economic development news.
- Stay apprised. Check out Dallas Innovates for the latest moves within the tech industry, including acquisitions, social impact, new weekly patents & grants filed in Dallas, as well as university collaborations.