About This Workshop
Data drives decisions; are you part of the conversation around data?
Regardless of your industry or role, fluency in the language of data analytics will allow you to contribute to data driven decision making. This online workshop will put you in the driver’s seat to understand, analyze, and interpret data so you too can join the data conversation.
In this online introductory workshop, you’ll learn to ask the right questions of your data, while learning basic analytic functionality in Google Sheets. Your newfound data analytic skills will be applied to real-world datasets, allowing you to develop recommendations based on your findings.
What will the remote learning experience be like?
- Ask questions and interact with peers and expert instructors — all in real time. Collaborate via live chatbox and Q&A.
- Complete hands-on coursework in an online classroom designed to keep you engaged and focused.
- Gain accountability and guidance from your instructor and fellow classmates to help you turn skills into career success.
Chart your own career path. Pick up where this workshop leaves off. Dive into the fundamentals in our self-paced, online program, Data Analysis On Demand or level up on the job in our part-time Data Analytics Course.
- This class is taken completely online
- We will provide a link to the platform on the day of the class
- This class requires a computer and strong internet connection
- Students should be familiar with the basic functions of their computer, but no previous experience in data analysis or Google Sheets is required.
- Access to Google Sheets. (If you do not have access, create a Google account.)
NOTE: A small percentage of participants may not receive emails from us due to some domains blocking our automated emails. If you do not receive sign in instructions within 1 hour of the livestream, please email email@example.com and someone from our team will be sure to respond to you with sign in instructions right away.
About the Instructor
Vaughn is a Brooklyn born, father of two, serial entrepreneur who is currently on a mission to organize the world's sports data. Before launching his sports data platform Ballstar, Vaughn served as associate director of Alumni affairs for Prep for Prep and later as an Alum Trustee. Using data to build community, make connections, and to better focus fundraising efforts Vaughn is most proud of the work he has done to nurture niche communities of Alums like those in the arts and tech communities. Now Vaughn uses data to bring together the global Basketball community.
Community Code of Conduct
Your registration for or attendance at any General Assembly offering indicates your agreement to abide by this Community Code of Conduct policy and its terms.