Data Analytics Bootcamp | June 26
About This Workshop
This single day bootcamp will run through the analytical workflow -- from collecting, cleaning, analyzing and presenting insights from public data sets. We will introduce important tools used in this process such as Google Sheets and Tableau.
- Introduce concepts and practice using and managing data
- Transform data for descriptive analytics and business intelligence decision-making
- Develop compelling visualizations that articulate the value of data assets
General Assembly’s classes, workshops & events are for recreational purposes and are not regulated by the bureau of proprietary school supervision.
If this class is recorded, students will be sent the recording link within 7 days after class completion by email. Students are encouraged to download and save any shared materials (worksheets, deck if applicable) during class for later reference as they are not be shared by email.
- Learn about the value of data in everyday decision making
- Understand the analytics workflow
- Be introduced to tools for data analysis
- Formulate research questions that can be informed with data
- Clean and analyze data in Google Sheets to improve decision making
- Learn advanced features of spreadsheet technology, such as pivot tables, to manage and explore data
- Explore Tableau Public to visualize the results of your analysis
- Develop presentations that articulate key findings to various audiences
You will need access to a laptop or computer with a working webcam and microphone as well as a strong internet connection.
This class will occur completely online using Zoom.
Class setup information will be emailed to all students signed up around 24 hours before (and again an hour before) your class launches.
Each individual class participant must have purchased a ticket.
About the Instructor
Alissa Livingston is the Director of Finance Business Operations, Chief of Staff to the CFO at Hudson's Bay Company. When she's not tackling new financial projects, she's training for half marathons, rain or shine. Alissa received a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Northwestern University in Chicago, and an MBA from Columbia Business School in the City of New York. She's spent time in Technology Consulting, Investment Banking, and Luxury Retail.
We understand that, sometimes, plans change. If you can no longer make it to a class or workshop, please email us at least 7 days before the scheduled event date. No refunds will be given to cancellations made within a week of the class or workshop.
Community Code of Conduct
Your registration for or attendance at any General Assembly offering indicates your agreement to abide by this Community Code of Conduct policy and its terms.