Data analysis is a driving force for businesses taking the challenge of digital transformation head-on. Data analytics skills are some of the most sought after in candidates today. There’s a wealth of data available for companies to access, but without trained talent, they can’t leverage this data to make smarter, faster decisions.
It should come as no surprise that data analytics has become one of the fastest growing fields globally.
Data analysis is the second-fastest growing field in the U.S. according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. In Australia, projections estimate a 28% growth rate in data analyst jobs (versus 8% for employment as a whole). However, much like other fast growing fields such as data science and software development, demand for data analysts is far outpacing supply.
To meet this urgent need, we are proud to announce our Data Analytics Immersive program, which takes true data beginners to full-fledged data analysts in just 12 weeks.
What Skills Make Someone a Good Data Analyst?
Just like all of our other programs, our Data Analytics Immersive was informed by meticulous research to ensure learners are able to be successful on the job. That means mapping both skills and employer needs to the curriculum.
Our learning design examined more than 280,000 postings from the past year and identified the skills in highest demand for data analysts.* To be a great data analyst you must know how to:
- Be dangerous with the industry’s top tools: Must have skills in SQL, Excel, Tableau, PowerBI and Python.
- Use data responsibly: Be able to critically inspect datasets for quality before deciding to use them.
- Acquire and clean data: Understand how databases work and how to use SQL to export data from a database and get data via APIs.
- Create data visualizations: Effectively visualize and communicate data analysis results.
- Build statistical models: Fundamental mathematical and modeling techniques in Python for data analytics, including regression and classification.
Data analytics roles also require soft skills such as problem-solving, effective communication, curiosity, attention to detail, and being a team player. Learners who possess these traits have the raw ingredients to become incredible data analysts, and just need technical training to get them there.
How Can Businesses Benefit From This Program?
For the employer, building a talent pipeline is key to meeting immediate talent needs and planning for future growth. Our Data Analytics Immersive will connect learners to businesses to fill critical roles. However, savvy businesses that are currently rethinking their talent acquisition strategies may benefit from reskilling existing employees into data analyst roles or building an external pipeline of junior talent.
We are currently partnering with five enterprise businesses in Buffalo, New York including ACV Auctions, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York, M&T Bank, Moog Inc. and Rich Products to reskill a cohort of diverse, underserved community members into data analytics roles.
“We’re trying to reskill, upskill, retrain a massive workforce that frankly is ready for this, and hasn’t had an opportunity to push toward data and technology. Now we can connect the dots – a direct pipeline into the organizations,” said Glenn Jackson, Chief Diversity Officer at M&T Bank.
Diving Deep Into Our Newest Course
Our full-time data analytics bootcamp prepares learners for a junior-level data analyst role using our time-tested formula for career success. Over 12 weeks, students will work with expert instructors acquiring, analyzing and visualizing data sets in real-time using industry-standard tools: SQL, Excel, Tableau, PowerBI, and Python.
They will also learn how, why, and when these critical skills are used to solve real-life business problems. By course completion, grads will be data-driven problem-solvers, storytellers, and decision-makers — critical 21st-century skills needed at any company, in any industry — with a portfolio to back it up.
Learners and their employers will get the following benefits:
- Curriculum that covers hard and soft skills: Build one of the most critical business skills needed at any job, in any industry – a framework to make and communicate ethical, data-driven decisions.
- Learn data analytics without prerequisites: Ideal for any learner who wants to build foundational skills to pursue a data analytics career, but doesn’t have a background in data. Beneficial for any business that wants to reskill employees without a background in data.
- Gain skills that align to labor market needs: Learn to use or access the skills of the trade: SQL, Excel, Tableau, PowerBI, and Python – critical tools listed on nearly every data analytics job posting.
- Support for career changers and enterprises, from day one: Created using GA’s winning formula for learners at any level interested in launching a data career, wherever they live, and whatever their financial situation may be. Enterprises will receive high-touch customer support to ensure their programs run smoothly and effectively.
Ready to Learn More?
Whether you’re a job hunter looking for an entry point into the tech field or an employer seeking to grow your talent pipeline, we’re excited to partner with you through every step. Over the coming months we’ll be launching more exciting product updates and content, so watch this space.
If you’re an enterprise leader who wants to build a pipeline of junior analytics talent, get in touch.
*Source: Burning-Glass.com (analysis of 283,390 data analyst job postings, January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021).