Alumni Ambassador Program
Terms & Conditions
We have made revisions to these terms and conditions, effective as of the last modified date herein (the “Effective Date”). By continuing to use our services or participate in the Program (as defined herein) on or after the Effective Date, you agree to the new terms and conditions.
Last Modified: January 2021
1. Scope and Purpose. Pursuant to these Terms, General Assembly has established a program to assist its students in connecting with volunteer alumni of GA and assist GA in its admission efforts (the “Alumni Ambassador Program” or “Program”). The Alumni Ambassador Program aims to provide prospective students with the opportunity to learn more about GA directly from alumni and to drive alumni engagement by rewarding them for volunteering. Alumni of GA who GA accepts into the Program, in its sole discretion, shall represent GA, on a volunteer basis, and be subject to these Terms (“Alumni Ambassador”).
2. Alumni Ambassador Responsibilities
As an Alumni Ambassador, you shall:
a. Represent and advocate for GA at any events and activities that GA assigns to you and that you agree to attend;
b. Timely complete a profile for GA’s Alumni Ambassador Yearbook;
c. Read and adhere to the Alumni Ambassador Playbook (as defined below);
d. If you are alumni of a GA immersive course, speak with at least five (5) prospective students, as assigned to you by GA, every calendar quarter by phone or video call or an in-person meeting;
e. If you are alumni of a GA part-time course, speak with at least two (2) prospective students, as assigned to you by GA, every calendar quarter by phone or video call or an in-person meeting;
f. Agree to act as a panelist in at least two (2) informational sessions every calendar quarter, as assigned to you by GA;
g. Notify the Alumni Ambassador team in the event of any changes to your contact information for the purpose of maintaining an accurate Alumni Ambassador database;
h. Inform the Alumni Ambassador team with two (2) weeks’ prior notice if you cannot attend an event, activity, or information session;
i. Respond to the Alumni Ambassador team and prospective students assigned to you by GA within two (2) weeks of receiving any form of communication; and
j. Notify the Alumni Ambassador team if you’d like to pause or withdraw your ambassadorship status in the Program; provided, however, that you shall only be permitted to pause or reactivate your ambassadorship at the start of every quarter.
As an Alumni Ambassador, you may also participate in the following optional activities:
a. Become a panelist or guest at GA or GA partner marketing events, as assigned to you by GA;
b. Write content for GA social platforms and blogs, as assigned to you by GA;
c. Notify the Alumni Ambassador team of possible business opportunities to offer GA courses at your employer or other companies;
d. Notify the Alumni Ambassador team if prospective students outside the Program express any interest in GA.
3. General Assembly’s Responsibilities
a. Provide you with sufficient opportunities to fulfill Program requirements every quarter;
b. Provide you with a playbook that includes guidelines and step-by-step instructions for the Program (the “Alumni Ambassador Playbook”);
c. Track activities and engagements of Alumni Ambassadors;
d. Maintain an accurate Alumni Ambassador database;
e. Notify you of any updates and changes to the Alumni Ambassador Program;
f. Provide you with designated point(s) for each Program requirement you complete, pursuant to Program rules; and
g. Allow you to redeem your points in exchange for an applicable reward option available for the Program, pursuant to Program rules.
To be eligible for the Program, you must:
a. Have graduated from an immersive, part-time, and/or one (1)-week program at General Assembly;
b. Complete the Alumni Ambassador Program application form;
c. Be in good standing with GA, in GA’s sole discretion;
d. Volunteer as an Alumni Ambassador for a full calendar quarter;
e. Agree to receive emails from GA staff and prospective students to request participation, support, assistance, and/or information; and
f. Be a contact person for the prospective students GA assigns to you through the Program.
Your acceptance into the Program is at GA’s sole discretion.
5. Volunteer. For the avoidance of doubt, your participation in the Program is expressly on a volunteer basis and not in exchange for any monetary compensation.
6. Program Term
a. These Terms shall commence upon your acceptance into the Program and will continue in effect until the earlier of (a) the completion of your participation in the Program or (b) the termination of the Terms in accordance with their terms.
b. Any provision of the Terms that, either by their terms or to give effect to their meaning, must survive and such other provisions that, expressly or by their nature are intended to survive termination, will survive the expiration or termination of these Terms.
c. General Assembly may terminate these Terms and your participation in the Program at any time in its sole discretion. If General Assembly terminates these Terms and your participation in the Program without cause, you shall be entitled to redeem your points for two (2) years, after which time they shall expire. If General Assembly terminates these Terms and your participation in the Program for cause pursuant to Section 8, your points shall be revoked immediately.
7. Withdraw from the Program. You may withdraw from the Program at any time by providing the Alumni Ambassador team with two (2) weeks’ advance notice in writing, provided you don’t have any outstanding Program engagements, including but not limited to: a pending connection with a prospective student, an upcoming event or information session in which you have agreed to be a panelist or a deadline for a blog piece.
8. Suspension or Removal from Program. GA reserves the right to suspend or remove you, at GA’s sole discretion, from the Program for any reason, including without limitation based upon a violation of GA’s Community Code of Conduct, the Alumni Ambassador Playbook, or other behavior that GA, in its sole judgment, deems to violate company policies, applicable laws, rules, or regulations; to be abusive, disruptive, offensive, or illegal; or to violate the rights of or to harm or threaten the safety of GA or its participants, students, or other customers. You may be responsible for any claims, fees, fines, penalties, and other liability incurred by GA or others caused by or arising out of your behavior. Upon your suspension or removal from the Program pursuant to this Section, your Alumni Ambassador points and any rewards acquired through the Program shall immediately become void, and you shall be withdrawn from any GA course in which you may be enrolled, whether or not related to the Program.
9. Confidential Information. Any information provided to you by GA or its students and instructors in connection with your role as an Alumni Ambassador, whether orally or in written, electronic, or other forms of media, and whether or not marked, designated, or otherwise identified as “confidential” shall be deemed confidential (“Confidential Information”). You shall (a) protect and safeguard the confidentiality of the Confidential Information with at least the same degree of care as you would protect your own Confidential Information, but in no event with less than a commercially reasonable degree of care; (b) not use the Confidential Information, or permit it to be accessed or used, for any purpose other than to perform your obligations under the Terms; and (c) not disclose any such Confidential Information to any person or entity. You will indemnify and hold General Assembly harmless against any liability or damages caused by your violation of this Section.
10. Intellectual Property. GA retains all intellectual property rights related to any documents, materials, information, data, or content used by GA and/or furnished or delivered to you in connection with your participation in the Program (collectively, “General Assembly Materials”). GA grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable, limited license to allow you to use the General Assembly Materials as would reasonably be expected solely in order for you to act as an Alumni Ambassador pursuant to these Terms. This license does not permit you to use General Assembly Materials in any manner inconsistent with these Terms, nor with any audiences other than those expressly required in order for you to act as an Alumni Ambassador. Furthermore, in no event shall you nor any third party: (i) copy, modify, translate, or create derivative works of any platform, software, or data that may be provided for use by GA as part of the Program; (ii) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to reconstruct, identify, or discover any source code, underlying ideas, underlying user interface techniques, or algorithms of any part of any materials, platforms or software that may be provided for use by GA as part of the Program; (iii) lend, lease, offer for sale, sell, or otherwise use any part of any platform, software, or other General Assembly Materials for the benefit of third parties; or (iv) attempt to circumvent any license, timing, or use restrictions associated with any platform, software, or other General Assembly Materials provided for use by GA in connection with the Program.
11. Privacy. To the extent General Assembly or any General Assembly student, customer, employee, contractor, or agent provides any personal information to you for purposes of the Program (the “General Assembly Personal Information”), you shall only retain, use, disclose, or otherwise process such General Assembly Personal Information in order to fulfill your obligations to under these Terms and on General Assembly’s behalf, and for no other purposes. You shall not attempt to link, identify, or otherwise create a relationship between General Assembly Personal Information and non-personal information or any other data without the prior written authorization of General Assembly. Upon the written request of General Assembly, you must assist General Assembly in complying with its obligations under applicable law to respond to requests to access or delete such General Assembly Personal Information. You shall not further collect, sell, or use General Assembly Personal Information and, unless otherwise expressly permitted under the Terms, shall not disclose General Assembly Personal Information to any third party for any purpose whatsoever, including a commercial purpose. You certify that you understand these restrictions and will comply with them. You will indemnify and hold General Assembly harmless against any liability or damages caused by your violation of this Section.
12. Media Release. By agreeing to these Terms, you hereby give your consent to take photographs, audio recordings, and/or video recordings of you by General Assembly staff or their designee, and to publish any testimonial(s) you provide about your experience at General Assembly. You understand that any such photographs, audio recordings, video recordings and/or testimonial(s) become the property of General Assembly and may be used by General Assembly, or others without further consent, for educational, instructional, promotional, or advertising purposes determined by General Assembly in broadcast and electronic media formats now existing or in the future created. No compensation will be paid for this use. You will hold General Assembly harmless against any liability or damages caused by your appearance in photographs, audio recordings, video recordings, and/or testimonial(s) of or provided by you. You certify that you are at least 18 years of age and that this release is agreed to voluntarily, under no duress, and without expectation of compensation in any form now or in the future. You understand that you may request to have your information removed at any time. You have read and understand this Media Release Section.
13. Indemnification. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless GA and its officers, directors, participants, agents, successors, and assigns against all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable attorney fees, fees and the costs of enforcing any right to indemnification under this Agreement, and the cost of pursuing any insurance providers (“Losses”) arising out of or resulting from any third-party claim, suit, action, or proceeding related to, arising out of, or resulting from its: (i) material breach of any representation, warranty, covenant, or obligation under these Terms; (ii) gross negligence, willful misconduct, or fraud in connection with the performance of your obligations under these Terms; and (iii) breach of your confidentiality (Section 9), intellectual property (Section 10), privacy (Section 11), and media release (Section 12) obligations; provided, however, that you shall not be obligated to indemnify or defend GA against any Losses arising out of or resulting from GA’s: (a) willful, reckless, or fraudulent acts or omissions; or (b) bad faith failure to materially comply with any of its obligations set forth in these Terms.
14. Representations and Warranties. Each party represents and warrants that: (a) they have the power and authority to enter into these Terms and to perform their obligations and duties under the Terms; (b) they will perform their obligations and duties and exercise their rights under these Terms in compliance with all applicable laws; and (c) they have the requisite authority to enter into the Terms. WE OFFER OUR SERVICES, INCLUDING THE PROGRAM, “AS IS” AND ARE NOT MAKING, AND TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM, ANY WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF DESIGN, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUALITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, THAT OUR SERVICES AND THE PROGRAM, WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR OUR SERVICES OR THE PROGRAM WILL ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE, ACCESSIBLE, UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR ERROR-FREE.
15. Governing Law. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. The exclusive jurisdiction for this Agreement will be the state or federal courts located in New York County, New York.
16. Changes to the Terms. GA may change any part of these Terms (including any terms or documents incorporated by reference in the Terms) at any time by posting the revised terms on a GA website. It is important for you to review these Terms before applying for the Program and from time to time thereafter. The updated Terms will be effective as of the time of posting, or on such later date as may be specified in the updated Terms. Your continued participation in the Program after any such changes are effective will constitute your consent to such changes. Except for changes made by us as described here, no other amendment or modification of the Terms will be effective.