J is a brand strategist, experience designer, and business consultant. He’s been building digital products for the web since 1996, and has been credited with creating multiple things web designers and developers take for granted today. He’s the Founder and CEO of Nine Labs, a digital experience design and strategy consultancy based in Atlanta, GA.
He speaks at conferences around the world, mentors and judges numerous events, sits on the advisory board for multiple organizations.
He has worked on projects with organizations like The City of Atlanta Mayor’s Office, Coca-Cola, UPS, General Electric, and the State of Georgia. He also serves as a mentor at the Advanced Technology Development Center at Georgia Tech; and as a private consultant to numerous other organizations.
• Started his first company in high school and sold it 4 years later.
• Instrumental in growing CoffeeCup – where he led operations, design, and development of over 60 web and desktop applications – from startup to over 500MM users before a private equity acquisition in 2006
• Co-founded Bluedomino Web Hosting in 2000 and grew it to over 25,000 accounts in 24 months before being acquired by Endurance International in 2002.
• Founder & President of the Atlanta Web Design Group, a 3000+ member association of web designers, developers, and marketers
• Served 3 years as a mentor at Georgia Tech’s ATDC • Lectures for UGA’s Masters of Internet Technology program
Intro to the Atlanta Design Community
Join General Assembly for a free orientation to the Atlanta design scene.
Inside the Minds of Brilliant Designers
An exclusive monthly speaker series that offers a glimpse inside the creative process of local design experts.