509 7th Street NW, 3rd Floor
Washington D.C. 20004
Follow this event to get an email the next time it’s scheduled.
Sign-up not required
In the competitive fast paced ecosystem of startups where the motto is “Grow fast or Die Slow” – If you are internally centered you can tap into great reserves of creative energy, focus, clarity and resilience even in the face of massive challenges.
If you are not rooted on a firm ground your inner stability and personal life can literally get swallowed and stress is a very real issue for startups. It can cause a huge counter productive toll on all aspects of life and work.
Research shows that if left unmanaged, ‘stress’ can lead to emotional, psychological, and even grave physical problems, including heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes.
Mindfulness has scientific support as a means to reduce stress, improve focus, boost the immune system, reduce emotional reactivity, and promote a general sense of health and well-being.
1) Understand the biology of how stress works in the mind-body and how we tend to store it inside. Learn practices backed by science of how to release stress and increase productivity.
2) Learn 'Mindfulness Meditation'. Participate in a guided meditation practice.
3) Get an overview of the Neuroscience of Mindfulness and its deep connection with how we process thoughts and emotions in the brain, based on recent studies at Stanford, Harvard, University of Wisconsin and UCLA.
4) Understanding ‘Employee Burnout’, 'Founder Depression' and 'Self-Compassion'.
5) Understanding the difference between ‘Emotional Intelligence’ Vs. 'Emotional Reactivity' when overwhelmed with stress.
6) Increase your empathy through relational Mindfulness activities to nurture more confident, healthy and authentic interpersonal communication.
7) Understanding how our own happiness is deeply tied to the well-being of others.
Bring a Notepad and Pens. Please turn off all electronics.
Enter your email to start following
You’re following Surviving Startup Stress: Mindfulness to Strengthen Focus & Productivity.
Start following any program. No need to enter your email again.