About This Workshop
Search engine optimization (SEO) is often thought of as a complex and long-term process for marketers. But there are many quick and easy steps you can take to improve your website traffic and start a successful SEO campaign. Students will walk away with a solid base to create a search engine optimized web presence, plus a customized comprehensive plan to continue their efforts. In this workshop on "human-centered SEO," you’ll learn the basics of how to analyze and improve your organic search performance on Google. You’ll dive into both onsite and offsite methods of improving your search rankings, while getting a glimpse of the software that most search marketers rely on. This is a hands-on workshop that will describe SEO techniques and take students through each step of setting up and optimizing their websites in class.
General Assembly’s classes, workshops & events are for recreational purposes and are not regulated by the bureau of proprietary school supervision.
If this class is recorded, students will be sent the recording link within 7 days after class completion by email. Students are encouraged to download and save any shared materials (worksheets, deck if applicable) during class for later reference as they are not be shared by email.
- Understand the basics of having your website found on major search engines.
- Set up and explore Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools to measure your website traffic.
- Research and build a keyword list to get your site ranked in search queries.
- Analyze your performance and your competitors’ performance on your target keywords.
- Set up your basic onsite search anchors such as URL structure, page titles, meta tags, and more.
- Plan a link-building campaign to improve site authority and improve search ranking.
- Create a content calendar to help keyword and content planning
- Develop a long-term blog strategy to improve your SEO performance month after month.
You will need access to a laptop or computer with a working webcam and microphone as well as a strong internet connection.
This class will occur completely online using Zoom.
Class setup information will be emailed to all students signed up around 24 hours before (and again an hour before) your class launches.
Each individual class participant must have purchased a ticket
About the Instructor
Adam Rogers is a content marketing strategist currently at Shopify, where he runs creation and execution of go to market content strategy for various projects and integrated campaigns.
Adam has spent the last 5 years building content strategies for brands to craft engaging content, drive qualified leads, and increase their marketing reach. His writing has been published on top SaaS sites and has attracted the attention of marketing all-stars like Sean Ellis. He is also the host and producer of the Boston Content Podcast, where has interviewed guests from various industries including the likes of Seth Godin.
Outside of marketing he is a lover of guitars, music, books, and his wife.
Community Code of Conduct
Your registration for or attendance at any General Assembly offering indicates your agreement to abide by this Community Code of Conduct policy and its terms.