12A, 45 William Street
Melbourne Australia 3000
Follow this workshop to get an email the next time it’s scheduled.
Sign-up not required
Photoshop is the industry standard photo image editing software for print and digital output. In this hands-on introductory workshop, we will walk through Photoshop's basic capabilities and use tools and techniques to edit images and create visual design mock-ups - no design experience required!
This workshop will help students visualise products and designs using Photoshop and learn some basic visual design tips.
• introduction to raster and vector graphics, pixels and resolution
• image size and file types for print and screen
• grid structure of a page layout
• white space and hierarchy of information - less is more
• how we read the page
• the photoshop tool box
• selection and move tools
• working in layers, labelling and grouping
• isolating an object from it's background using masks
• retouching or extending a background
• creating gradients, shadows and reflections
• transforming an object
• lockups and alignment
• type, legibility and placeholder text
• logos on products and mock-ups
• doing a resize - using transparency to help position and scale an image in context
After this workshop participants:
Understand the basic capabilities of Photoshop.
Understand the basic concept of image editing
Are equipped with image editing skills to mock-up and visualise their products or ideas
Please attend with your laptop (Mac or PC is fine) and have Adobe Photoshop installed and ready to run before the class commences (you can download a free trial version of Photoshop if you don't have one yet). It will be beneficial if you bring a mouse (or even a Wacom tablet if you have installed and used one before) for image editing, but it is not mandatory.
Enter your email to start following
You’re following Photoshop Class for Beginners.
Start following any program. No need to enter your email again.