Lean Mobile Design Workshop Series
No Upcoming Sessions
Past Locations for this Workshop
ABOUT THIS workshop
How do you create best-of-class customer experiences in the native iOS and Android mobile and tablet environments and mobile web? In this workshop students will use Mobile-First design principles to learn the practical modern agile UX methods and best design patterns and strategies for each platform, with special focus on critical elements of iOS and Android mobile apps: homescreen, search, navigation, forms and workflows. Majority of the workshop will be activity-based, focusing on hands-on applications of user-centered design approaches such as storyboarding user scenarios, user testing of paper prototypes using Rapid Iterative Testing and Evaluation (RITE) and practical application of mobile design patterns.
- Pick the best design strategy for each platform: iOS, Android and web.
- Distill the experience down to essentials; re-invent your interface with mobile-first approach.
- Document use cases and personas in context using storyboards.
- Select the right design pattern for homescreen, search, and navigation to drive the desired user experience.
- Design usable and effective mobile forms and workflows.
- Create designs that work with cutting edge mobile design patterns (Geo-location, Multi-Touch/Motion, Faceted Search, Parallel Architecture, Voice, etc.).
- Use new mobile patterns that are just around the corner (Image Recognition, NFC, etc.).
- Create immersive experience using lessons from popular mobile games like Angry Birds.
- Create wireframes for the core pages of your app using sticky notes.
- Make light-weight guerrilla Rapid Iterative Testing and Evaluation (RITE) the core of your design process.
PREREQS & PREPARATION
A personal Android or iOS mobile device is required. Familiarity with basic UX design concepts and mobile devices is highly recommended. Not required: technical expertise, art background, or programming.