Intro to Content Strategy | May 25
About This Workshop
The most meaningful brand communications put people first. They understand the platform where their content is being consumed. They make a person feel differently about a brand. It’s not intrusive or and interruption, it’s an augmentation of the experience the person is already having.
A good content strategy for marketers takes a brand’s business and communications goals and transforms them from ads (intrusive) to stories (interactive) to connect with people in a meaningful way. In this class we'll learn how to define a brand’s thematic strategy and how to connect business goals to formats and larger cultural themes and topics. You'll leave knowing how to lay the foundation for creating content and how to activate across digital channels.
General Assembly’s classes, workshops & events are for recreational purposes and are not regulated by the bureau of proprietary school supervision.
If this class is recorded, students will be sent the recording link within 7 days after class completion by email. Students are encouraged to download and save any shared materials (worksheets, deck if applicable) during class for later reference as they are not be shared by email.
- How to create a thematic strategy and the approach to digital storytelling
- A beginning look at assigning and assessing channels & formats
- Initial guide to defining KPIs and how to measure success
Participants should come prepared with 2-3 examples of content (social media posts, blog posts, videos) they like from brands, editorial sites, people, etc.
- You will need access to a laptop or computer with a working webcam and microphone as well as a strong internet connection.
- This class will occur completely online using Zoom.
- Class setup information will be emailed to all students signed up around 24 hours before (and again an hour before) your class launches.
- Each individual class participant must have purchased a ticket.
Community Code of Conduct
Your registration for or attendance at any General Assembly offering indicates your agreement to abide by this Community Code of Conduct policy and its terms.