Merlyn is a senior business analytics leader and evangelist, with proven consistent delivery of business value through the eras of
Business Intelligence (BI), Big Data Analytics, and Data Science.
Operating a business focused on BI and analytics, Merlyn emphasizes consultative support in development of solutions designed to
optimize business performance in both internal as well as client-facing operations.
Bringing diverse and in-depth international experience across performance management, business analytics and optimization,
Merlyn’s approach is towards ensuring business objectives are attained, and meaningful adoption of any specific solutions that are
• Strategy development and implementation of Business Intelligence & Data Analytics initiatives
• Identification of business problems, priorities and requirements
• Collaboration to promote data literacy and successful consumption of information & insights
• Leadership , project oversight & stakeholder engagement
• Communications bridge between technical specialists, business users, and executive oversight bodies
Coast Capital Savings (Head, Enterprise Analytics), HSBC Bank Canada (AVP, Deposit Products), Essent Energy Trading (Gas & Fuels Analyst). IPE (Compliance
Technologies and Platforms
BI and Analytics Tools: SQL Reporting Services/Analysis Services, Power BI, Tableau, Excel, SAP / Business Objects, IBM Cognos, SAS EM/VA/VS
Data-warehouse environments: MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, Oracle, Essbase, Postgres
Gain indispensable data analytics skills in this 10-week evening or 1-week accelerated course, on campus or online.