- Up to 60 hours of self-directed pre-course learning
- Dedicated one-on-one career coaching
- 12 weeks of full-time, expert-led instruction
- Online and on-campus formats
Reach Professional Goals With Personalized, One-on-One Support
Our Outcomes program, offered exclusively to Immersive students, fosters continual growth during your job search. Whether you’re sending applications or prepping for a technical interview, your career coach will help you grow beyond the course curriculum.
Interactive In-Class Programs
Boost Your Application Quality
Network Better in Every Setting
Communication and Branding
Master Time Management
Hone Your Technical Skills
Who’s Hired Our Graduates?
“The employer engagement events [in the Outcomes program] were some of the best experiences I’ve had. They taught me a lot about how to communicate my work and network in general.”
Byron Allen, Data Science Immersive Alumnus, Sydney
Great program lot of work to get through this course, but definitely worth it.
I have learned so much within the three months at GA and feel like I've been taught many of the fundamental tools used in the industry. The environment is really great and motivating to work and learn in!
I learned so much from this course. That I would recommend this to everybody I know.
This is a great course for someone who wants to quickly strengthen their skills in full stack web development.
Apply for 3-, 5-, or 10-year, fixed-rate, merit-based loans to finance your tuition and cost of living.
Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident; approval pending state of residency.
Financing options differ in each market and are only available to students accepted into our programs. Contact a local Admissions officer for more information.
Software Engineering Immersive Info Session
Find out if this Immersive is right for you and your goals. Chat with the GA team, discover the curriculum details, and get a glimpse into student life in an upcoming info session.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is this course relevant today?
There’s never been a better time to start a career as a software engineer. In fact, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that employment growth in this sector will top 24 percent between 2016 and 2026. From startups to Fortune 500 companies, there is a growing demand for software engineers who can creatively solve problems and implement robust, sustainable solutions.
What practical skill sets can I expect to have after completing this course?
By the end of our Software Engineering Immersive, you will be able to:
- Write full-stack applications and deploy them to cloud-based services like Heroku.
- Demonstrate programming and computer science fundamentals, as well as software engineering best practices.
- Consume web application programming interfaces (APIs) from third-party sites such as Twitter, Google, or Yelp.
- Build a RESTful API using a technology like Sinatra, Rails, Django, or Express.
- Build a richly interactive, front-end single-page application using a modern framework like Angular or library like React.
- Collaborate as a team using Git and GitHub, widely accepted collaboration practices, and an Agile development workflow.
- Implement common data structures encountered in technical interview situations, such as linked lists and trees.
- Solve algorithm challenges and analyze the computational complexity of algorithms using Big O notation.
What kind of community will I find in this course?
Our Software Engineering Immersive course attracts eager learners who are as passionate about growing and launching a new career as you are. Their backgrounds span professions in design, product management, and many other fields. The General Assembly experience creates lasting friendships and collaborations that will support you throughout a lifetime of discovery.
What does my tuition cover?
- Expert-led training in full-stack development and computer science skills, methods, and best practices.
- Diagnostic and readiness assessments, which help determine your self-directed pre-course learning path.
- Access to a dedicated group of career coaches who will help you land a job after graduation.
- Ongoing job search support and exclusive networking opportunities.
- Additional alumni perks, including discounts, workshop credits, online classes, and more.
What can I expect to accomplish by the end of this course?
By the end of the course you will have:
- Created at least four portfolio projects.
- Practiced for technical interviews.
- Built a full-stack application.
- Developed lifelong community you can tap into throughout your career.
What are my financing options for an Immersive course?
Financial hurdles shouldn’t keep you from achieving your goals. In addition to payment plans, we offer a few different financing options so you can focus on what counts — your education — including income share agreements and other options with $0 upfront costs. We also offer tuition reimbursement and scholarships for eligible students facing barriers to enrollment.