Enter for a chance to win a tour of top London tech companies including Google, Hailo and Airbnb with 1-on-1 career coaching from experts at each company.
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY MONEY IS NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. All federal, state and local laws apply.
2. To enter the promotion, fill out the form located at https://generalassemb.ly/win/break-into-tech between 09:00 am UTC on 06/11/2013 and 11:59 pm UTC on 20/11/2013. In order to qualify as an entry, an individual must complete the sign up process. Participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by a participant to make more than one entry by using multiple/different email or addresses, accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant's entry and that participant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
2b. In order to be eligible, participants must be (a) at least 18 years of age; and (b) a legal resident of the United Kingdom. Employees of Promoted and its parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible.
2c. The prize winner will be selected at the sole discretion of General Assembly based on a random draw and subsequent phone interview. Promoter will notify the winner by email at the address associated with the winner’s entry form within seven (7) days following the promotion's closing date. Promoter is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive mail or email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner's failure to adequately monitor any mail or email account. The winner must respond to Promoter within three (3) days. Should the winner fail to respond to Promoter in that time, Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and select a new one based on the aforementioned selection criteria.
Acceptance of Terms
3. By entering the prize promotion, all entrants will be deemed to accept these terms and conditions and agree that the decision of the Promoter is final and binding in all matters relating to the prize promotion.
4. All entry instructions will form part of these terms and conditions. Any breach of these terms and conditions will result in the forfeit of entry. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify and prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law any participant or winner who, in a Promoter's reasonable suspicion, tampers with a Promoter site, the entry process, intentionally submits more than a single entry, violates these rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
5. To enter, please submit the online entry form available on https://generalassemb.ly/win/break-into-tech by 2013-11-20 23:59 UTC.
6. Upon entering, you will receive a unique URL to the sweepstake entry form. You will earn one additional entry per person who enters the sweepstake through the sweepstake entry form at your unique URL.
7. The start date for the prize promotion is 2013-11-06 05:00 UTC. The closing date for entry is 2013-11-20 23:59 UTC. The Promoter will not consider entries received after this date and time. The winner will be notified within 7 days of the closing date. The Promoter’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the promotion. Odds of winning the promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
8. The prize is an individual tour of Google, Hailo, Airbnb and Passion Capital offices in London, alongside a 1-on-1 career mentoring session with Martin Duncan (Talent Acquisition Manager, Hailo), Sarah Tate (Programme Lead for Squared, Google), Even Heggernes (Country Manager UK & Ireland, Airbnb), Clare Johnston (Founder and CEO, The Up Group) and Melissa Trahan (Head of Talent, Passion Capital) (£500). The transportation for the winner on the day will be provided by Hailo, the Transport Partner of Choice. The winner will receive 4x£15 Hailo credits to be redeemed from the winner’s account on the day of the tour(£60). The winner can only redeem Hailo credits on the day of the tour, with no exception. Credit card jobs only. If necessary, General Assembly Space, Inc. will pay for an additional £100 in transportation costs. Further terms can be found at https://www.hailocab.com/terms. Winner must be at least 18 years of age, a legal resident of the United Kingdom and must also agree to abide by the terms and conditions outlined here. The aggregate retail value of the prize(s) is approximately £560. No substitution, assignment or transfer of the prize is permitted, except by Promoter, who has the right to substitute a prize with another of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the receipt and/or use of the prize.
9. There is no cash alternative in whole or in part for the prize. The prize is non-negotiable and non-transferable. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of Prize will not be awarded. All prize details not specified in the Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
10. The prize is subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to (a) in the event of unforeseen circumstances, award an alternative prize of equal or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances, to vary, amend or withdraw this prize promotion on reasonable notice; provided Prize Provider is not responsible for providing any substitute prize except in its sole discretion.
Drawing / Selection
11.Maximum number of entries allowed per individual is 20 (includes additional entries obtained through your unique referral URL).
12. The prize winner will be the first entry drawn at random. Promoter is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive mail or email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner's failure to adequately monitor any mail or email account. The winner must respond to Promoter within 3 days. Should the winner fail to respond to Promoter, Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and select a new one in a second-chance random drawing, or to not award the prize at all.
13. The prize winner will be notified by email on or before 2013-11-27 23:59 UTC.
14. The prize winner may be required to take part in some promotional activity as a condition of receiving the prize, e.g. publicity photos. Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and a publicity release. By entering or accepting any prize, winner allows Promoter to use the winner's name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation where permitted by law. Except where prohibited, participation in the promotion constitutes participant's consent to Promoter’s use of participant's name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
15. Details of the prize winner (name and county only) may be obtained by written request by sending a self-addressed envelope to the Promoter at 10 East 21 Street, 4/F, New York, NY OR 9 Back Hill, 4/F, London EC1R 5DF after 2013-11-27 23:59 UTC.
16. PROMOTER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS PROMOTER, PRIZE PROVIDER AND THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES AND EACH SUCH COMPANY'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE OR ANY TRAVEL RELATED THERETO. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS, PRINTING ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE PROMOTION; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE PROMOTION; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE OR ANY TRAVEL RELATED THERETO. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the promotion, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Promoter, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Terms to be available and/or claimed Promoter reserve the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered by an entrant resulting from entering this prize promotion or by the entrant's acceptance of the prize. In the UK, notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing shall exclude the Promoter's liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence, or for fraud.
Privacy / Data Protection
17. Your personal data will be transferred outside the EU to the United States. Pursuant to EU law pertaining to data collection and processing, as an EU resident, you have a right of access to, modification and withdrawal of your personal data. You also have the right of opposition to the data collection, under certain circumstances. To exercise such right, you may write to the Regional Director of General Assembly Space, Inc. at 10 East 21 Street, 4/F, New York, NY or 9 Back Hill, 4/F, London EC1R 5DF after 2013-11-27 23:59 UTC. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
17b. Promoter reserves the right to use any information collected, including the sharing of email address, with promotional partners The Daily Muse and Enternships.
17c. Promoter has offices in multiple locations, including locations outside the EU. Accordingly, your information may be transmitted outside of the EU where data privacy laws may differ. If you do not want your information transmitted outside the EU, you should not participate in the promotion.
Disputes / Governing Law
18. This PROMOTION is governed by the laws of the United Kingdom, and all participants in the Promotion hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of England and Wales. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the United Kingdom and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favour of the laws of the United Kingdom.
The Promoter is General Assembly Space, Inc., a company registered in USA. Any queries and comments should be directed in writing to the Regional Director of General Assembly Space, Inc. at 10 East 21 Street, 4/F, New York, NY.