I improve competitive advantage for organisations by building their business intelligence that drives their strategic and operational decisions. I achieve this through
• Building live dashboards from end to end in QlikView and QlikSense, which enables the decision makers to make real-time decisions from live data on changing customer and client behaviour
• Building predictive mathematical models and using machine learning algorithms within R and Python that copes with big-data that is noisy. This will allow organisations to formulate and re-formulate strategies, and innovatively adapt websites, marketing, advertising, etc.
• Creatively tailoring advanced analytics and innovative techniques to monitor performance of specific functions, products or initiatives
• Researching the landscape and behaviour of industries to help organisations understand competitor behaviour
• Researching and projecting various demographic variables to help organisations achieve their strategic priorities and understand the conditions within which they operate.
These skills have been gained, harnessed and fine-tuned over 8 years through Data Scientist and Consulting roles at various research and commercial organizations, and a pure mathematics PhD at Monash University. My research has been published in the journal of the Australian Mathematical Society and the Cambridge Philosophical Society.
Expertise/interest: Predictive modelling, machine learning, live dashboards, data visualisation, risk analytics, quantitative analytics, big data and the cloud
Data Science Immersive
Make smarter decisions by gaining the data analytics, data modeling, programming and statistics skills you need to start a career in data.