Project Management Bootcamp | June 29
About This Workshop
This full-day, hands-on bootcamp reviews the fundamental skills and methodologies of project management. Whether you're an experienced project management professional, business owner, or student, this bootcamp covers material to help you expand your knowledge of the keys to effectively managing projects. Get an introduction to the project management process and best practices for interacting with clients, stakeholders, and your project team. You’ll gain exposure to real-world examples and learn best practices to immediately increase the team alignment and project productivity.
Whether you’ve already found yourself taking on a project management role within your organization or are looking to transition into the field, this project management training is a good place to start.
General Assembly’s classes, workshops & events are for recreational purposes and are not regulated by the bureau of proprietary school supervision.
If this class is recorded, students will be sent the recording link within 7 days after class completion by email. Students are encouraged to download and save any shared materials (worksheets, deck if applicable) during class for later reference as they are not be shared by email.
- Describe the responsibilities of a PjM and the impact the role has on the business.
- Delineate between the two popular project management methodologies: traditional and Agile.
- Explain the project life cycle and the project manager’s role at each stage.
- Experience a real-life project management scenario and create a high-quality project plan for a project on which you’re working.
- Learn essential project management skills and develop your awareness of how your team functions during a project.
- Practice risk management using a risk register template.
- Practice proven techniques for meeting management.
- Describe several communication best practices for project managers.
- You will need access to a laptop or computer with a working webcam and microphone as well as a strong internet connection.
- This class will occur completely online using Zoom.
- Class setup information will be emailed to all students signed up around 24 hours before (and again an hour before) your class launches.
- Each individual class participant must have purchased a ticket.
About the Instructor
Eve MacKnight served as Director of Project Management at ScrollMotion, a mobile app start-up that has published thousands of apps to iTunes since 2008. At ScrollMotion, she oversaw a bi-coastal team of 18 project managers. Prior to ScrollMotion, Eve was a producer for feature films and commercial projects. She has worked with Sesame Street, National Geographic, Disney, Warner Brothers, Sony, and the NFL. Eve is the Founder of LITTLE OWL, a training company that advises on how to manage digital projects.
Eve is also the current Director of Learning for SWARM, a digital product consulting agency. Eve is a certified Scrum Master. Eve loves corny jokes.
Community Code of Conduct
Your registration for or attendance at any General Assembly offering indicates your agreement to abide by this Community Code of Conduct policy and its terms.