About This Workshop
WordPress is the premier content management system for those seeking an easy, user-friendly way to set up and maintain a website. In this workshop, you’ll walk through the basics of getting your site live quickly and discover various free templates, as well as premium resources, that require little to no coding skills and will have your site looking polished. Once your site has gone live, you’ll learn how to update and maintain it using the WordPress dashboard, as well as common problems and pitfalls to avoid. Plus, you’ll find out how to customize your site to get the exact look you’re going for.
This workshop is designed to be helpful to those who have never seen WordPress before or those who have been using WordPress but without a formal understanding of the mechanics behind it. Some basic knowledge of navigating websites is highly recommended.
General Assembly’s classes, workshops & events are for recreational purposes and are not regulated by the bureau of proprietary school supervision.
If this class is recorded, students will be sent the recording link within 7 days after class completion by email. Students are encouraged to download and save any shared materials (worksheets, deck if applicable) during class for later reference as they are not be shared by email.
- Learn the differences between WordPress.com and WordPress.org (self-hosted site)
- Create and update content (pages, blog entries, photos etc) in WordPress quickly and efficiently
- Discover different themes, what they are, where to get them, and how to customize them
- Master plugins, widgets and settings
- You will need access to a laptop or computer with a working webcam and microphone as well as a strong internet connection.
- This class will occur completely online using Zoom.
- Class setup information will be emailed to all students signed up around 24 hours before (and again an hour before) your class launches.
- Each individual class participant must have purchased a ticket.
About the Instructor
Kara is a marketing and advertising professional with 8+ years of experience in branding, website creation and digital marketing for small businesses to large national brands. In 2015, Kara founded Craveity Marketing, a digital marketing agency that works with small businesses in good and sustainable food.
Kara and the Craveity team bring in years of experience to educate and guide clients on their website, social media and online communications so they can reach their audience and make a greater impact to their communities.
Community Code of Conduct
Your registration for or attendance at any General Assembly offering indicates your agreement to abide by this Community Code of Conduct policy and its terms.