Free Intro to Social Media Strategy Mapping Class Online | May 22
About This Workshop
Social media initiatives don’t start when you register a Facebook or Twitter account and start posting announcements, it begins much sooner. In this workshop, you’ll be taken through how to understand social media platforms and learn how to develop and implement an actionable social media strategy. You’ll learn how to structure your social media efforts, captivate your audience on each social media platform, and build brand awareness, loyalty, and sales.
General Assembly’s classes, workshops and events are recreational and for avocational purposes only. No certificate is awarded.
- Learn how to develop and implement a social media strategy.
- Create an elevator pitch that clearly defines your brand, audience, and key differentiator.
- Understand the difference between major social media platforms.
- Learn how to use the major social media platforms to create content and engage your audience.
- Identify which platforms to use for your business.
- Explain the difference between publishing, listening, and reporting tools.
- Create a weekly content calendar for your business.
- This class is taken completely online
- We will provide a link to the platform on the day of the class
- This class requires a computer and strong internet connection
NOTE: A small percentage of participants may not receive emails from us due to some domains blocking our automated emails. If you do not receive sign in instructions within 1 hour of the livestream, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from our team will be sure to respond to you with sign in instructions right away.
About the Instructor
Nicole Solis-Sison serves as creative director for Matter Media Group, an influencer management firm and chief executive officer/founder of Zero Waste Cart, an application centered on preventing textile waste. She has also developed virtual and augmented reality applications for companies like Gap and Google and has shown works at Yerba Buena Center of the Arts in San Francisco, California. Equity, diversity and sustainability are integral to her work in changing the way we view and engage in our communities Her understanding of digital trends and media production coupled with strategic content marketing enables her to move and shift through various industries. Digital marketing empowers the ability to create conversation and stir innovation within communities. Sharing insights and cultivating creativity are the motivating factors of nurturing the conversation through education.
Community Code of Conduct
Your registration for or attendance at any General Assembly offering indicates your agreement to abide by this Community Code of Conduct policy and its terms.