Free Intro to Product Management Class Online | June 15
About This Workshop
Learn the keys to driving product success.
Step into the world of product management with General Assembly. During our online introductory workshop, explore how product managers use leadership and versatility to launch products people love. Touch on key tools and techniques for testing, designing, and improving products. Plus:
- Discover the role and responsibilities of a product manager.
- Survey today’s product management landscape and its career opportunities.
- Walk through the fundamentals of the product management process including storyboarding, identifying risks and assumptions, and more.
- Apply what you’ve learned to design a basic minimum viable product (MVP).
Chart your own career path. Pick up where this workshop leaves off. Enhance your professional skill set in our part-time Product Management course.
- Describe the Product Management job landscape and learning opportunities for product management skills
- Explain the role and core responsibilities of a product manager
- Craft problem statements and hypotheses for a product or feature idea
- Identify key risks and assumptions
- Design a basic MVP to validate key assumptions
- This class is taken completely online
- We will provide a link to the platform on the day of the class
- This class requires a computer and strong internet connection
- In order to successfully enroll in this class, you must sign up at least two hours prior to the listed start time. If you sign up after that cutoff, you may not receive the link to the platform for the livestream. If anyone has issues receiving the link, please email email@example.com.
NOTE: A small percentage of participants may not receive emails from us due to some domains blocking our automated emails. If you do not receive sign in instructions within 1 hour of the livestream, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from our team will be sure to respond to you with sign in instructions right away.
About the Instructor
Sherika Wynter is the CoFounder & Managing Partner of Thomas & Wynter R&D & the Manager of Product & Strategy at Covalent Solutions. Sherika's background is in mechanical engineering and industrial design from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and University of the Arts, respectively. She has an extensive career in hardware and software product development, with over 11 years of experience in private sector and government affiliated companies. Sherika’s approach to product management and development is simple: "Does this solution solve the underlying problem?"
Community Code of Conduct
Your registration for or attendance at any General Assembly offering indicates your agreement to abide by this Community Code of Conduct policy and its terms.