1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY MONEY IS NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. All federal, state and local laws apply.
2. The prize promotion is open to anyone aged over at least 18 years of age and over the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence. Entrants must currently be legally residing in China. Employees of the Promoter and their families, service providers, agents and anyone professionally associated with this prize promotion on https://generalassemb.ly/apply/railsbridge are not eligible. No purchase required. Only one entry per person. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email or addresses, accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant's entries and that participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The 'authorized account holder' is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
3. By entering the prize promotion, all entrants will be deemed to accept these terms and conditions and agree that the decision of the Promoter is final and binding in all matters relating to the prize promotion.
4. All entry instructions will form part of these terms and conditions. Any breach of these terms and conditions will result in the forfeit of entry. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify and prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law any participant or winner who, in a Promoter's reasonable suspicion, tampers with a Promoter site, the entry process, intentionally submits more than a single entry, violates these rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
5. To enter, please submit the online entry form available on https://generalassemb.ly/apply/railsbridge by 2014-09-24 03:59 UTC.
6. The start date for the prize promotion is 2013-07-31 08:00 UTC. The closing date for entry is 2014-09-24 03:59 UTC. The Promoter will not consider entries received after this date and time. The winner will be notified within -373 days of the closing date. The Promoter’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the promotion. Odds of winning the promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. The prize is one $3000 scholarships to General Assembly’s User Experience Design Immersive course starting in September 2013, and the winner will receive the prize upon enrolling. The prize does not include, and the prize winner will be responsible for, transportation to and from class, personal schedule conflicts, and required course materials. The scholarship must be redeemed in 2013. The aggregate retail value of the prizes is approximately $3000. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the receipt and/or use of the prize.
8. There is no cash alternative in whole or in part for the prize. The prize is non-negotiable and non-transferable.
9. The prize is subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to (a) in the event of unforeseen circumstances, award an alternative prize of equal or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances, to vary, amend or withdraw this prize promotion on reasonable notice.
11. The prize winner will be notified by email on or before 2013-09-16 23:59 UTC.
12. The prize winner may be required to take part in some promotional activity as a condition of receiving the prize, e.g. publicity photos. Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and a publicity release. By entering or accepting any prize, winner allows Promoter to use the winner's name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation where permitted by law. Except where prohibited, participation in the promotion constitutes participant's consent to Promoter’s use of participant's name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
13. Details of the prize winner (name and county only) may be obtained by written request by sending a self-addressed envelope to the Promoter at 10 East 21 Street, 4/F, New York, NY OR 9 Back Hill, 4/F, London EC1R 5DF after 2013-09-16 23:59 UTC.
14. PROMOTER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS PROMOTER, AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES AND EACH SUCH COMPANY'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS, PRINTING ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE PROMOTION; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE PROMOTION; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the promotion, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Promoter, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Terms to be available and/or claimed Promoter reserve the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered by an entrant resulting from entering this prize promotion or by the entrant's acceptance of the prize. In the UK, notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing shall exclude the Promoter's liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence, or for fraud.
16. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, YOU AGREE THAT: THESE TERMS AND THE PROMOTION ARE GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK (WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT OR REGARD TO ANY PRINCIPLES OR DOCTRINES OF CONFLICTS OF LAW/CHOICE OF LAW OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK USA OR OF ANY OTHER JURISDICTION), AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL BE IN THE COUNTY OF MANHATTAN, NEW YORK. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (""JAMS RULES""). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN NEW YORK. ANY SUCH CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM WILL BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND WILL NOT BE CONSOLIDATED IN ANY ARBITRATION WITH ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY OF ANY OTHER PARTY. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE COUNTY OF MANHATTAN, NEW YORK. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
17. The Promoter is General Assembly Space, Inc., a company registered in USA. Any queries and comments should be directed in writing to the Regional Director of General Assembly Space, Inc. at 10 East 21 Street, 4/F, New York, NY.